Overview of the Role
The Professional Development & Training (PDT) team is responsible for providing a large volume of high-quality training and development programmes to Partners, Counsel, Associates, Trainees and the Business Support team across the London office. Whilst a London-based role supporting the Senior Manager, and working with the London PDT Specialist and Senior Specialist, the post holder will also need to develop and maintain effective working relationships to support colleagues in the wider Global PDT team.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Support the London PDT team with all Lawyer Skills training:
- Assist with coordinating training, following processes for generating/sending invitations; scheduling; working with internal and external presenters; generating and distributing attendance sheets and materials; and liaising with others internally (e.g., Conference Services) and externally (e.g., training suppliers).
- Provide live in-room support, trouble shooting any issues that arise including coordinating the response to any technology issues.
- Send out online evaluation forms once training is completed, collating and analysing responses.
Support the London PDT team with all Practice Area Technical training:
- Assist with coordinating training (including cross-practice group training), following processes for generating/sending invitations; scheduling; working with internal and external presenters; generating and distributing attendance sheets and materials; and liaising with others internally (e.g., Partners, PSLs, Secretaries, Conference Services) and externally (e.g., training suppliers).
- Provide in-session support (in-room or online as required), trouble shooting any issues that arise including coordinating the response to any technology issues.
Support the Global PDT team with Office-Wide and Inter-Office Training:
- Support the coordination of training across offices, including logistical aspects like creating/sending invitations; scheduling across time zones; working with internal and external presenters; creating and distributing attendance sheets, affirmation forms and materials; and liaising with others internally (e.g., AV, Conference Services) and externally (e.g., training suppliers).
Support the Global PDT team with Lawyer CLE and CPD:
- Follow best practices when using CE Manager (the LMS system).
- Maintain the Lawyers’ training records in CE Manager and be one of the CE Manager points of contact for Lawyers and their Secretaries. Liaise with the U.S. CLE team regarding CE Manager and NY CLE, Irish CPD and HK CPD credits to ensure that CLE is recorded accurately.
- Support the team on the firm’s compliance with the SRA’s Continuing Competence Regime including communicating directly with all England & Wales qualified Lawyers (regardless of their office location) to achieve compliance in a timely manner by sending reminders and providing email and telephone support.
- Onboard new joiners by inviting them to Cylix e-learning, adjusting their compliance periods in CE Manager etc.
- Supply the London Associate Development Manager with lawyer training records and hours in advance of each review period.
Communications and Team Administration:
- Maintain and update the London PDT infoNet pages as directed.
- Undertake any other duties that from time to time may be allocated by the team.
Qualifications & Skills
- Previous law firm or professional services experience is preferable.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills with sharp attention to detail.
- Effectively able to prioritise multiple tasks, be proactive and apply critical thinking with limited supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Windows, SharePoint, Zoom and internet.
- Quickly able to learn and implement new IT systems and tools.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel, including firm leadership, management and support staff.
- Demonstrates good judgement and an appreciation of the importance of confidentiality in the role.
- Demonstrates flexibility and responds promptly and appropriately to change. Ability to work under tight deadlines and respond calmly to troubleshoot last-minute changes.
- Demonstrates ability to organise, plan and carry out multiple related activities, resulting in a high-quality product.
- Demonstrates understanding of current trends in learning and development in law firms.
- Able to work within a team in a collaborative style and environment; ability to share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties and management team.
- Able to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
- Able to work in a firmwide team in a multi-office environment.
This job description is not exhaustive and the jobholder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time.