Overview of the Role
The Associate Talent (AT) Assistant will support the London AT team in the day-to-day running of associate talent and in the crisp execution of the key AT processes including the annual review cycle, employee relations and operations.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Day-to-day support of the Associate Development Manager (ADM) in all associate induction and integration administration to include scheduling three-month integration meetings and tracking probationary periods.
- Provide support to the ADM on the annual associate review process. This will include:
- Maintain all review trackers relating to review status i.e. feedback collection, meeting schedules, Associate Development Partner (ADP) sign off on review documents.
- Maintain accurate associate records in vi desktop.
- Assist the ADM in fully utilising the functionality of the internal ADDR dashboard/ MicroStrategy systems to regularly review and prepare reports on associate activity.
- Prepare and distribute all review materials to ADPs as required.
- Support ad hoc follow up and feedback collection off cycle for NQs, new joiners, probation issues etc.
- Support the ADM in managing the administration of individual performance management and ER cases.
- Maintain and update all key trackers for associate talent including performance development and well-being.
- Prepare and send the weekly capacity reports to practice groups for staffing purposes.
- Work in collaboration with the London HR systems & operations team to support the administration of leavers and joiners including preparation of all key paperwork and relevant SCFs, induction schedules.
- Prepare all key paperwork for maternity, paternity and shared parental leave and send relevant SCFs.
- Support the ADM and wider AT team on key projects including associate attrition monitoring.
- Provide administrative support on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives as required.
- Act as an additional point of contact in London for the AT function.
Associate Talent Operations (Global Mobility, Immigration, Client Secondments)
- Maintain and update the global mobility tracker for all client and international secondments.
- Carry out the right to work checks for incoming secondees and send relevant SCFs.
- Process all invoices.
- Provide the London HR systems & operations team with the relevant paperwork for payroll each month.
- Provide support on trainee development matters. This will include:
- On-boarding of future trainees including drafting of training contracts, background screening checks and sending relevant SCFs
- Maintain trainee development tracker
- Chase for outstanding appraisal forms
- Assist with the administration for the trainee seat rotation and NQ processes
Qualifications & Skills
- Have a keen interest to work at international law firm
- Good attention to detail
- Willing to learn
- Adaptable and flexible
Our Firm & Office
Ropes & Gray in a global law firm that operates across 17 time zones and has more than 1,400 lawyers based in the United States, Europe and Asia who collaborate seamlessly to provide clients with high-quality representation in innovative industries that shape the global economy. Our clients include private equity firms, pharmaceutical and biotech companies, financial institutions, mutual funds, hospital systems, and more. Client by client, we’ve built a reputation for first-class work, a pragmatic approach, and impeccable standards of service and ethics. We count many of the world’s most respected companies and institutions as longtime clients and serve organizations at all stages of development. Clients trust us with their most important matters because they know we understand their businesses and deliver the results they need.
Our deeply rooted culture of teamwork means that our lawyers work closely with colleagues around the world to provide support to clients. This collaborative approach encourages our lawyers to work alongside partners and clients on sophisticated matters. We work as a team to support a range of leading legal practices, including private equity, M&A, capital markets, finance, asset management, real estate, tax, antitrust, life sciences, health care, intellectual property, litigation & enforcement, data, privacy & cybersecurity, and business restructuring.
Ropes & Gray London is one of the largest offices in the Ropes & Gray network, and the hub of the firm’s EMEA network. While we are now an established presence in the UK, we’ve retained all the buzz of our start-up years. It makes us a little bit different: it means we have the stature and resources of a major international law firm combined with the pace, inclusivity and career progression of a specialist firm. Our clients like to work with us. We are, of course, always professional, but we are personal, and personable with it. As a group, we’re international and diverse. With around 30 partners and 220 lawyers and business support professionals everybody in the office knows everyone else. That means that every hire we make is an important investment for the firm, because each team member has a distinct role to play in delivering excellent service to our clients.