Overview of the Role
The IT Site Support Assistant provides internal customer service, second level problem resolution, and, desktop technology support & site support as well as also participating in special projects as assigned.
This position is assigned to the Desktop Services Group and takes direction from the Desktop Services Supervisor (in the US) with local guidance from the Desktop Services Team Lead (based in London).
Hours of work are 10 am to 6 pm with flexibility needed to vary working shift hours. Upon the request of supervisor, incumbent may be required to work overtime to complete the necessary functions of the position.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Works with callers to resolve normal and unusual information system problems, or escalates as defined in normal operating procedures
- Provides technical support and problem resolution activities for assigned site
- Installs PC’s and related hardware; investigates hardware problems and performs minor repair
- Supports new joiners set ups as and when required
- Interfaces with vendors & Ropes & Gray Technical Services for resolution of telecom, video-conference, network, systems, and/or related hardware problems
- Uses technical tools and knowledge to meet or exceed performance standards and expectations
- Develops a knowledge of Firm’s total computing environment and the quality management processes and practices
- Utilises the approaches, tools and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Employs the application systems needed to deliver services to internal customers
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- An education focused on IT qualifications and a genuine passion for IT
- Good team working skills
- Knowledge of and experience in configuring, installing and supporting the hardware and connectivity components of single user workstation is desirable
- Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical problems is desirable
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including [Windows 10, Office 365] application support experience in a legal environment is desirable
- Knowledge of video-conferencing and telecom support is desirable
- Experience with iOS and Android devices in an enterprise environment is desirable
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities is desirable
- Knowledge of Asset Tracking and process is desirable
- Good client service focus; is approachable, friendly and professional
- Ability to prioritise multiple concurrent objectives or activities
- Ability to provide solutions and best practices for solving problems
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly deliver information to users of all technological levels.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel affairs
Our Firm & Office
Ropes & Gray in a global law firm that operates across 17 time zones and has more than 1,400 lawyers based in the United States, Europe and Asia who collaborate seamlessly to provide clients with high-quality representation in innovative industries that shape the global economy. Our clients include private equity firms, pharmaceutical and biotech companies, financial institutions, mutual funds, hospital systems, and more. Client by client, we’ve built a reputation for first-class work, a pragmatic approach, and impeccable standards of service and ethics. We count many of the world’s most respected companies and institutions as longtime clients, and serve organizations at all stages of development. Clients trust us with their most important matters because they know we understand their businesses and deliver the results they need.
Our deeply rooted culture of teamwork means that our lawyers work closely with colleagues around the world to provide support to clients. This collaborative approach encourages our lawyers to work alongside partners and clients on sophisticated matters. We work as a team to support a range of leading legal practices, including private equity, M&A, capital markets, finance, asset management, real estate, tax, antitrust, life sciences, health care, intellectual property, litigation & enforcement, data, privacy & cybersecurity, and business restructuring.
Ropes & Gray London is one of the largest offices in the Ropes & Gray network, and the hub of the firm’s EMEA network and set up in London in 2010. While we are now an established presence in the UK, we’ve retained all the buzz of our start-up years. It makes us a little bit different: it means we have the stature and resources of a major international law firm combined with the pace, inclusivity and career progression of a specialist firm. Our clients like to work with us. We are, of course, always professional, but we are personal, and personable with it. As a group, we’re international, diverse and our team is always professional, but uniquely personable. With around 31 partners, 110+ fee earners and a trainee intake of 13, everybody in the office knows everyone else. That means that every hire we make is an important investment for the firm, because each team member has a distinct role to play in delivering excellent service to our clients.