This role is responsible for the facilities management of the London office. This role will manage relationships with key external vendors, coordinate business continuity planning for the office, manage the relationship with building management and lead on various projects. It will also require significant collaboration with key stakeholders, both in London and the US. The role also has direct responsibility for the Facilities team, along with oversight of the outsourced office services team, and will provide matrix management support to the local IT/AV, Reception and Conference Services team. This role reports into the Global Administrative Services Officer.
- Contributes to the office operational strategy and objectives, in conjunction with the Office Management and executes accordingly.
- Plans and executes all internal office moves, overseeing floor plans and desk allocations, to ensure minimum disruption to the operational working of the firm.
- Is the local subject matter expert and local lead for office build-outs or move activity.Coordinates with local vendors and other firm personnel to execute accordingly.
- Ensures the security of the firm’s floors/building. Responsibility for all security systems and day to day management of Cardax and CCTV.
- Review and improve London operational management systems, processes and best practices.
- Liaising with relevant Chief on all matters relating to the London office insurance policies.
- Responsibility and management of statutory legislation with regards to Health and Safety, Fire Precautions and Building Regulations to provide a safe and appropriate place of work. Ensuring that the Firm’s annual compliance and regulatory obligations are met. Assisting relevant personnel with data privacy compliance. Communicating policy changes.
- Be part of the COVID-19 taskforce and deal with facilities/operations related workstreams.
- Responsibility for general housekeeping of all floors.
- Working with various departments on the London office sustainability initiatives.
- Works with firm-wide operations managers to ensure that all operations, Infonet pages are up-to-date, particularly with respect to local office page, business continuity and emergency procedures.
- Responsible for the annual budget.Maintains proper financial controls, planning the budget in collaboration with the US and UK Finance Team for Operations and Conference Services.
- Approving invoices and expense requests, ensuring adherence to the firm’s processes and proper accounting procedures.
- Negotiates with firm’s contractors and vendors: building, mechanical, electoral, cleaning, printer suppliers, telecoms and other specialist contractors.
- Conducts regular reviews of vendors and contracts currently in place to ensure suitability including cleaners, printers, telecoms, stationery supplies, etc.Recommend changes and ensure smooth transition to new vendors if necessary.
- Responsibility for all procurement to include reviewing current service levels.
- Negotiating new contracts when applicable, ensuring costs effectiveness and quality service.
- Reviewing and maintaining business continuity / disaster recovery plans in cooperation with firm senior management to include responsibility for the firm’s Emergency Notification System.
- Works with the Business Continuity team to develop, maintain and communicate the local office particulars of all business continuation plans for emergencies, disasters or pandemics.Plans and supervises emergency evacuation drills and CPR/AED training for staff.
- Liaising with building management and attending regular management meetings.
- Building and maintaining working relations with the building management.
- Monitors leasing and renewals and any sublease arrangements and responds to subtenant requests; coordinates tenant improvement construction projects.
- Responsibility for internal communications with regards to building maintenance issues and ensuring minimal disruptions to the office.
- Responsibility for the Business Rates in collaboration with the external agent.
- Undertakes ad-hoc related projects as and when required.
- Day-to-day management responsibility of the London facilities team.
- Oversees the outsourced services relationship (post and print room).
- Provides on the ground support to those local admin members who have direct reporting lines into the US (IT/AV/conference services).
This job description is not exhaustive, and the precise nature of the responsibilities may change from time to time, in line with the business needs.
- Experience of office management experience, including line management experience.
- Full understanding of statutory requirements of relevant legislation applicable to office premises.
- Experience in facilities management experience, preferably within a law firm or professional services firm.
- Previous experience of business continuity processes.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Experience in managing outsourced services.
- Collaborative, team player.
- • Proven experience in team building and working with varied cross functional teams.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and delegate work where appropriate.
- Excellent organisational, planning, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be proactive.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with people at all levels, including Partners and clients.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Good excel skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office systems and experience with databases.