Practicing law at Ropes & Gray puts you at the forefront of the legal and business developments shaping the industries that are transforming our world and creating new opportunities daily. Whether you’re starting or furthering your career, you’ll handle exciting, innovative work for an impressive roster of leading global clients. You’ll also hone your professional skills with a training program regularly recognized as the finest in the industry. Just as important, you’ll enjoy the benefits of our renowned collegial and collaborative culture.
Ropes & Gray succeeds by practicing with purpose. We care—about our clients, about our communities, and about each other. Our people have found a home at Ropes & Gray because we value collaboration, excellence and authenticity. If you are passionate about what you do, and how you do it, we want to meet you.”
Why Choose Us
800 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02199-3600
T +1 617 951 7000
191 North Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
T +1 312 845 1200
New York, NY 10036-8704
T +1 212 596 9000
San Francisco, CA 94111-4006
T +1 415 315 6300
East Palo Alto, CA 94303-2284
T +1 650 617 4000
Washington, DC 20006-6807
T +1 202 508 4600
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
Fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment is one of our most important missions. Welcoming and valuing diversity in all aspects of the firm’s operations is fundamental to our core values of excellence, fairness and integrity. Here are just a few programs and initiatives we have established to support our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion:
Through the work of our diversity, equity & inclusion committee and affinity forums, we are working to build cultural awareness and cultural competence by enhancing programming that focuses on understanding bias, discrimination and racism, and on building allyship.
We have established a Racial Equity & Inclusion Task Force charged with crafting specific, actionable proposals to help identify, describe and dismantle systemic racial bias and inequalities at the firm. These efforts will lay the groundwork for a welcoming, secure and supportive environment for diverse colleagues.
Ropes & Gray has made a sustained commitment to recruiting and developing the best talent and nurturing a vibrant, diverse culture, and we will continue to build on these efforts.”
US Awards & Rankings
Yale Law Women
Legal 500 US
At Ropes & Gray, giving back is embedded in our DNA. We take pro bono work very seriously, and we regularly leverage the legal training and the wider skills of our people to make a difference in our communities. For example, in 2019 alone, our U.S. offices completed more than 170,000 hours of pro bono service. Some of our local partnerships and initiatives include:
- Joining forces with Food Bank For New York City to fight hunger in New York. The firm has raised the equivalent of more than 400,000 meals for individuals and families in New York as part of annual fundraising campaigns, and our lawyers and support team members have devoted hundreds of pro bono and volunteer hours to the organization.
- Partnering with Cradles to Crayons in Chicago to help the organization provide essential items and supplies to children who are homeless or living in low-income situations.
- Helping more than 1,300 children in need get a good start to the upcoming school year by providing them with new backpacks, clothing and school supplies through the Backpack Project.
- Partnering with educational organizations such as SMART, Citizen Schools and Peninsula Bridge to equip young people with the skills they need to make a lasting impact on their lives and in their communities.
- Participating in charity races to support nonprofit organizations across the globe, including the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge, the Boston Athletic Association Half Marathon, the Pan-Mass Challenge, the Lawyers Have Heart 10k Race and 5k Run & Fun Walk.
Ropes & Gray’s pro bono work truly connects the firm. Like our law firm, our pro bono work is global, crossing practices and time zones. A single pro bono project can bring together lawyers from many practice areas and different offices, and include Ropes & Gray alumni and clients.”
Ropes & Gray Alumni
Our valued alumni are considered extended members of the Ropes & Gray community. We are grateful for their contributions over the years, and for their continuing friendship. Wherever your path takes you, our alumni network can be a resource to help support your career goals. Our door is always open.
Be Part of a Team That is Unmatched
At Ropes & Gray, people work together to reach a common goal. We are about high-functioning, highly engaged global teams and creating something greater than the sum of our parts. Each and every one of us plays a critical role in the success of our clients.
Find your place at Ropes & Gray
At Ropes & Gray, our lawyers and professionals work at the intersection of innovative business developments and complex legal challenges. Explore the careers and opportunities .